What Happens to your body 20 Minutes after you Quit Smoking !
Do you smoke? Would you like to quit? This timeline from the American Lung Association may inspire you. This is what happens to your body immediatly after stopping. Read more . . . .
20 Minutes after quitting:
Blood pressure decreases
Pulse rate drops
Body temperature of hands and feet increases
8 Hours after quitting:
Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
Oxygen level in blood increases to normal
24 Hours after quitting:
Chance of a heart attack decreases
48 Hours after quitting:
Nerve endings start regrowing
Ability to smell and taste is enhanced
2 weeks – 3 months after quitting:
Walking becomes easier
Lung function increases
1-9 months after quitting:
Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease
1 year after quitting:
Excess risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker
Long term benefits:
* From 5-15 years after quitting, stroke risk is reduced to that of people who have never smoked.
* 10 years after quitting, the risk of lung cancer drops to as little as 1/2 that of continuing smokers. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases. The risk of ulcer decreases.
* 15 years after quitting, the risk of coronary heart disease is similar to that of people who have never smoked. The risk of death returns to nearly the level of people who have never smoked.
I hope this article has been informative for those people trying to stop smoking or for those who are thinking about smoking. People around you suffer also by second-hand smoke, so be wise when and where you choose to light up. If at all possible, quit, or never start. If you have any comments or suggestions to share with me and my readers, we would love to hear from you. Use the comment section below. Thank you for your time today.
More articles that you may like:
Written by tomcmoore
Loves to surf the internet and review interesting subjects
“Gloomy as fuck Doom with lots of low end bass” – Irish Metal Archive irish-metal.blogspot.com “The guitar riffs in this band are pretty notable and overall very enjoyable… I would recommend them to most metal heads as they have a pretty sick sound” – Two Guys Metal Reviews twoguysmetalreviews.blogspot.com Weeping Ulcer are a 3 piece sludge/experimental/doom band from Dublin, formed in June 2010. Inspired by all that’s wrong in the world and a keen sense of ethereal exploration, they blend a multitude of musical influences into their own particular brand of down-tuned, sludgy filth. They recorded their 3 track Demo, “Dwelling in Filth” during January of 2011 in Loop Studios. It was produced by Gareth Desmond & Weeping Ulcer. This is track three from the demo. Music & Logo © Weeping Ulcer 2011
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Incoming search terms:
- benefits of quitting weed timeline
- quitting weed timeline
- quit smoking weed timeline
- what happens when you quit smoking weed timeline
- quitting smoking weed timeline
- benefits of quitting smoking weed timeline
- quitting pot timeline
- quit weed timeline
- quitting cannabis timeline
- quit smoking pot timeline